Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Books Books and more Books

I was cruising around Amazon.com, ordering a book I need for one of my classes, when I had the brilliant idea of searching for books to deal with my ideas for my dissertation. I ordered three extra books (which is barely a drop in the bucket of books I want to read for my diss, because they are just that cool). Well, two of them are here! YAY!

The two books I have are:

Murray, Janet H. Hamlet on the Holodeck: The Future of Narrative in Cyberspace

Galloway, Alexander R. Gaming: Essays on Algorithmic Culture.

I am super excited, to say the least. The third book I ordered is from N. Katherine Hayles. N. KATHERINE HAYLES! I think I could only be happier about that purchase if it was Chaos Unbound I had managed to order and get on the cheap. XD

The Galloway book should be interesting. It is actually a part of a series (18 books) that has N. Katherine Hayles as one of the series editors. Again, N Katherine Hayles. /fangirl squeals

Thank you Dr. Mark Wildermuth for introducing me to N. Katherine Hayles work!

Ok, ok /fangirl shutoff I'll be posting more later about more ideas I'm having. We'll see if anyone follows along, or if I'm just shooting ideas and fangirling to myself. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment